Amanda Adkins’ Policy “Manifesto” Explained
Today, longtime Brownback advisor Amanda Adkins called herself a “policy-driven” candidate. Adkins’ policy ideas include a controversial budget plan that would cut Medicare and Social Security, slash early childhood education, ban abortion without exceptions, and send doctors to prison.
After saying she would “absolutely” support the 122-page plan released by Congressional Republicans earlier this year, Adkins put it on her website, calling it a “very solid” document. Included in it are bills to:
- Slash trillions from Medicare
- Raise the retirement age for Social Security to 69
- Ban abortion without exceptions for rape, incest, or life of the mother
- Halt government efforts to lower the cost of prescription drugs
- End the Head Start program for low-income preschoolers
- Cut federal spending on crop insurance
- Roll back climate change initiatives and gun safety laws
- And much, much more
“Kansans should know that when Amanda Adkins says she is policy driven, those policies include cutting Social Security, ending Medicare as we know it, and banning abortion without exception. Don’t take my word for it—just look at the plan she said she ‘absolutely’ supports,” said Ellie Turner, spokesperson for Sharice for Congress.